Packaging | Label Design
- Mahdi Sadough
- Graphic Design Studio
PPackage design is a combination of art, industry, and technology in order to improve the preservation, transportation, marketing, and utilization condition of a product. The product package is any type of container in which the product is released to the market and/or through which the necessary information is transferred to the consumer.
Packaging is characterized by a coordinated system, the goal of which is to prepare the product for shipping, distribution, storage, sales, and consumption.
Packaging is, on the one hand, an art, a science, and a technology to prepare goods for shipping and sales, and on the other hand, it is a means to ensure safe delivery of the product to the end consumer in best conditions and at the lowest average cost. The package should be designed in a way that the customers are made easily aware of the contents and have no difficulty with carrying and preserving it. That is why it has a key role in marketing and the sales process.
Goals of packaging are:
- Physical protection: protecting the contents against severe shocks, pressure, temperature, etc
- Barrier protection: barrier against oxygen, water vapor, dust, etc
- Containment and Agglomeration: small items are placed together as a group in a package for shipping.
- Information Transmission: often there are notes on usage, transport, and recycling of the product on the package or the package label.
- Theft prevention; packaging which cannot be closed or that undergoes physical damage after being opened (exhibits signs of having been opened) is useful and effective in theft prevention.
- Convenience: involves features that provide convenience of distribution, handling, exhibiting, sales, opening, reclosing, and reusing.
- Marketing; packaging can be used by marketers to persuade potential customers to purchase the product.